We Our Library!
Located in the heart of the Asper Jewish Community Campus, the Kaufman-Silverberg Library is a valuable, resource-rich asset that helps Gray Academy students, families and community members explore new knowledge, ideas and a love of reading.
Our Library offers books, music, movies and more in multiple languages, including English, Hebrew and Yiddish. Patrons can also enjoy quiet activities in the de-stress centre, such as puzzles, board games and LEGO.
For Gray Academy Students
- JK – Grade 2 students in enjoy story time and Library visits once a cycle.
- Grade 3-6 students have learned how to log in and reserve books through our online Library catalogue.
- Elementary students enjoy a variety of lunchtime clubs in the library, including chess, LEGO, beading and more.
- High School students have their own login information for the Library website. They can visit the Library to borrow materials and to take advantage of quiet study space.
For Gray Academy Families
- All parents/guardians of currently enrolled Gray Academy students are entitled to a free library membership.
- Families can browse the online library catalogue anytime.
- To reserve materials for yourself, all you have to do is set up a login and password.
- To get started, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will send you your login information.
- Once your account is active, you can log in any time to reserve items, review the items you have on loan or renew if you need more time.
- We can send library materials home with your child, or you can make arrangements to pick them up at the main Asper Jewish Community Campus security desk.
Open to the Community
Everyone in the community can enjoy our Library:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays* 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (*Feb. 16 until 7pm)
Tuesdays 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fridays** 8:30-15:40 (**Feb. 17 8:30 am-11 am)
Saturdays – CLOSED
Every second Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Can’t make it in to see us? Remote services are available to individuals who do not wish to come into the building.
Phone: (204) 477-7476