Back to School in September
Framework for Reopening Our School 2020-2021
A MUST-READ FOR ALL FAMILIES
We are very excited to welcome students back to their “home away from home” the week of September 8, 2020.
At the same time, we all know this coming school year will not be “business as usual.” Almost every routine and process at school is changing. Success will hinge on collaboration and cooperation among students, staff, faculty, administration and parents.
We ask that all families invest the time to carefully read (and read again!) our Framework for Reopening 2020-2021.
This is a critical document that outlines a very detailed plan for a safe return to school.
There is a lot of information to take in, including new health and safety protocols and instructions for new daily routines at school.
- We will be opening in Response Level 1, per the details of the Government of Manitoba’s Welcoming Our Students Back: Restoring Safe Schools July 30 and August 13 documents.
- All students, JK through Grade 12, will be learning in school five days a week.
- While Minister Goertzen cautioned that circumstances may change at any time, we can say with confidence that we are prepared for all response levels.
- All of our protocols and decisions are based on directives from Manitoba’s Department of Education and Department of Public Health.
- Our plan provides detailed instructions regarding daily health screening, cleaning and sanitization, significant changes to drop-off and pick-up routines, emergency procedures, resources for parents and much more.
Written Confirmation from Families
We are incredibly grateful for our partnership with families at all time. This year, your support and cooperation are more crucial than ever before, as we work together to protect the health and safety of our entire school community.
For this reason, all families will be required to provide written confirmation that they have read, understood and agree to follow the protocols and instructions outlined in our Framework. Without this confirmation from at least one parent/guardian, students will not be admitted to school.