Supporting Our Families with Bursary Assistance
- Different types of Bursary Assistance are available based on your family’s circumstances.
- See below for details on each type of bursary, along with links to application forms.
- All application forms are available as fillable PDFs.
- Links to these application forms are available to you on the confirmation page(s), after you’ve submitted your (re-)enrollment.
- If you are (re-)enrolling multiple children, only one application form is required per family for each type of Bursary Assistance.
- We are deeply respectful of your family’s privacy. Applications are reviewed by the Assessment Committee, which operates at arms length from the WBJE. The information you share in your application and the evaluation process are strictly confidential.
- Please note that only complete, on-time applications will be considered.
- Applications will ONLY be considered once all (re-)enrollment information has been submitted and deposit(s) and student fee(s) have been paid.
Bursary Assistance for Kindergarten – Grade 12
- Families with a total annual household income less than $165,000 (from all sources) are eligible to apply for need-based bursary assistance for students (re-)enrolling in Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- We have created a quick and easy Parental Contribution Calculator to give you an idea of the total parental contribution for your family, based on your income and number of children in K-12.
Click here to access the bursary assistance form for Kindergarten – Grade 12.
Bursary Assistance for Junior Kindergarten
Because JK is not mandatory for children in Manitoba, only families with very high need may qualify for Bursary Assistance for Junior Kindergarten at Gray Academy.
Consideration is given based on a full assessment of each family’s unique circumstances and the availability of funds.
Click here to access the bursary form for Junior Kindergarten.
Additional Bursary Assistance
The Winnipeg Board of Jewish Education (WBJE) understands that circumstances may arise that affect a family’s finances, including but not limited to:
– loss of employment;
– business losses due to the pandemic;
– change in family status;
– illness, injury or death in the family, etc.
- Applications for Additional Bursary Assistance are evaluated annually based on family circumstances and available funds.
- Please note that a request for Additional Bursary Assistance does not guarantee that additional bursary will be granted.
- Priority is given to families with the greatest need.
- Should you choose to apply, your application is private and confidential and will be reviewed only by the Assessment Committee.
Click here to access the Additional Bursary Assistance form.
New to Canada Bursary Assistance
- Moving to Canada is a major life decision that often brings new opportunities and unique challenges for families. We are always pleased to welcome families who are new to Canada, who enrich our school community.
- We work with families who have arrived in Canada within the current calendar year to help ensure Jewish day school education is accessible for the newest members of our community.
- Those who meet the criteria are eligible to apply for New to Canada Bursary Assistance.
Click here to access our New to Canada Bursary Assistance form.
Tax Benefits of Your Parental Contribution
Kindergarten-Grade 12 – In accordance with the policies outlined in Canada Revenue Agency Information Circular 75-23, parental contributions for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 may qualify as a charitable donation on your Canadian income tax return.
Junior Kindergarten and Supervision – Contributions for students in Junior Kindergarten and fees for Gray Academy Supervision programs (before and after school; holiday and in-service programs) for JK-Grade 6 may qualify as child care expenses on your Canadian income tax return (Line 214).
Talk to an expert – Each family’s circumstances are unique. Please consult a tax professional for specific details and deduction information for your family.
If you have questions or need assistance with your bursary application, please contact our Finance Department: email@example.com or 204.477.7482.