If you are interested in applying for 2022-2023:
- Getting to know your child and your family is the most important step in our Admissions process.
- When you let us know you are interested in Gray Academy, our Admissions Director, Judi Price-Rosen, will meet with you to talk to you about your child, your family and what you are looking for in a school.
- Judi will discuss a customized experience for you to learn all about our school and to see for yourself how we empower and care for each and every child – academically, socially, emotionally and Jewishly.
Applying for Admission
- Once we determine that Gray Academy is a great fit for your family, Judi will provide you with everything you need to apply for admission.
- We will review your application and supporting documentation.
- Your child will meet with the principal and other supporting staff (virtually or in person, depending on current public health protocols).
- If your child is accepted, Judi will confirm formally with a letter and discuss next steps for the coming school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
What information will I need to apply to Gray Academy?
- your child’s Manitoba Health and personal registration number, if you are a Manitoba resident;
- an official identification document for your child, such as a birth certificate or the photo page of a passport;
- for students applying to Grades 2-8, their most recent report card(s);
- for students applying to Grades 9-12, their most recent report card(s) and the final report card from the 2020-2021 school year.
What type of payment is required when I apply?
- Your application for admission is not considered complete until we receive the non-refundable $400 deposit and $120 student fee ($60 for half-day Junior Kindergarten) for each child.
- Your deposit is put toward your Parental Contribution for each child.
What is the cost of school?
- Details on the Parental Contribution for the 2022-2023 school year are now available.
Do you offer extended hours programs? How can I learn more?
- We are pleased to provide early drop off, late pick up and in-service and Jewish holiday supervision programs for students in JK through Grade 6.
- The complete schedule for Gray Academy Supervision programs for 2022-2023 will be available in the spring.
- If your family needs a more complete childcare option, including longer hours and care during school breaks (winter, Passover and summer), you can also check out the Kaufman Child Care Centre at Rady JCC.
- You can click here to see a comparison of both programs and determine which option is best for your family.
I am very interested in Jewish day school, but I have finance-related questions.
- Gray Academy and the Winnipeg Board of Jewish Education are committed to ensuring no family is ever turned away because of inability to cover the full Parental Contribution.
- Application forms for Bursary Assistance are made available to families upon acceptance to Gray Academy.
Thank you for your interest in Gray Academy
We look forward to meeting you!