As an independent Jewish day school, Gray Academy is committed to maintaining rigorous academic standards, fostering a warm and inclusive community and pursuing continuous whole-school improvement. Our accreditation and network affiliations are vital tools that help us meet these important commitments, as we focus on the learning, growth and development of every child.
Gray Academy is:
- a beneficiary agency of the Jewish Federation of Winnipeg;
- accredited by Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), a community of independent schools that meet and exceed rigorous national standards that inspire continuous whole-school improvement;
- overseen and approved by the Government of Manitoba; we follow the provincial curriculum set by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Learning for Kindergarten through Grade 12;
- a member of the Manitoba Federation of Independent Schools (MFIS), the umbrella organization for funded, non-profit independent schools across the province;
- a member of Prizmah: Center for Jewish Day Schools, a network that provides professional development, research data and other resources for Jewish day schools across North America.
The CAIS accreditation process, which usually takes place every five to seven years, is designed to ensure our school’s practices are aligned to the highest national standards through a combination of rigorous internal self-assessment and an intensive external peer review.
CAIS accreditation drives Gray Academy to continually strive for excellence and to be accountable to our stakeholders, including our families, students, staff, the Winnipeg Board of Jewish Education and our community.
Gray Academy recently completed its third CAIS accreditation cycle. Click here to learn more about the process and the value it represents for Gray Academy students and families.